St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment
St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship Passport by Investment
What is the St Kitts and Nevis CBI program?
The Saint Christopher and Nevis Citizenship Passport by Investment Program, otherwise known as economic citizenship program, was established in 1984 making it the longest established economic citizenship passport program worldwide. It is the top-ranked Caribbean citizenship by investment (CBI) program and is recognized globally as the platinum standard for citizenship.
The passport permits visa-free access to 150 countries including Schengen Area, UK, Russia, Singapore and Hong Kong amongst other major countries. The country grants St. Kitts citizenship and passport within 3 to 6 months. You and your family will obtain an irrevocable dual citizenship and second passport without having to ever visit St. Kitts or renounce your current nationality. There are no residency requirements to do the citizenship program or subsequent requirements to maintain your new Saint Kitts citizenship.
The St-Kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment program offers great advantages
The St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship Passport by Investment is amongst one of the most sought after second passports in the world. The government of St.Kitts and Nevis has worked hard over the years to maintain the reputation of the program as an attractive option for international foreign investors. As a successful applicant, you will be a citizen of the beautiful Caribbean country of Saint Kitts and Nevis and have the right to live, work, enjoy your new country and travel on the passport. Provided you choose to reside in this Caribbean country there are no personal income taxes, no inheritance taxes and no taxes on worldwide income.
The economic contribution from our clients to the country have helped further develop education, hospitality and infrastructure within the country. Applicants can qualify for St. Kitts & Nevis citizenship Passport by investment by either investing in government approved Real Estate or by donating to the Sustainable Growth Fund or Alternative Investment fund option. JH Marlin Law has helped many high net worth investors do second passport programs and do citizenship planning.
Interested in a St-Kitts & Nevis citizenship? J.H. Malrin can help you!
Overview of Main Options for Saint Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment
There are different options under this citizenship program. For example, you can either make a non-refundable contribution to the country or invest in government-approved real estate. St.Kitts and Nevis often offer limited time offers to promote their citizenship program. In the past, St.Kitts and Nevis offered the Hurricane Relief Fund which has recently been replaced by the Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF) option and an Alternative Investment Program option. Under the funding option, you’ll be expected to donate $150,000 (plus fees) as a single applicant. For families of 4 or less the donation price is US$175,000 (plus fees).
Investment in Government approved Real Estate in St. Kitts
REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT PROGRAM for citizenship – now almost any property above US$400,000 qualifies for citizenship under the private home sales option. This is a limited-time offer!
Single applicants as well as other family members may qualify for citizenship through an investment in a pre-approved real estate project or under the private home sales option. This citizenship by investment program option may include pre-approved real estate such as hotel shares, villas, and condominium units. There are many real estate developments or pre-approved projects to choose from and it is important as an investor to due proper due diligence prior to making any investment in the country. The minimum real estate investment required by law is US$200,000 (resalable after a 7 year period) or US$400,000 (resalable after a 5 year period) for each main applicant. It is always important to verify with the local agent if the property the investor intends to purchase is either Government-Approved Real Estate Projects or the Private Home Sale option. A pre-approved project is one that is already approved by the citizenship by investment unit. Note that under the limited time Private Home Sale option the purchase price of the house must be an appraised value of US$400,000 separate from the land.
For the application to be submitted to the St.Kitts & Nevis Citizenship Investment Unit an investor must first hire a local authorize agent and make payment of a non-refundable due diligence and processing fee. The investor must additionally enter into a purchase and sales agreement and complete certain real estate documents. The fees for due diligence amount to US$7,500 for the main applicant, and US$4,000 for each dependent of the main applicant who is above the age of 16 years or age or who is 15 years of age going to be 16 before the file is finished processing by the St Kitts & Nevis Citizenship Investment Unit (CIU).
Once the file is approved under the real estate investment option, the investor will make payment of a Government fee, as follows:
- Main applicant: US$35,050
- Spouse of the main applicant: US$20,050
- Any other qualified dependent of the main applicant regardless of age: US$10,050
In addition to these fees, real estate buyers should be aware of other purchase costs. Additional legal fees are applicable.
While most clients often make an economic contribution under the donation option, there are a growing number of investors who wish to relocate to the Caribbean Island on a more full-time basis.
St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship Passport by Investment Primary Advantages:
VISA FREE TRAVEL
Summary of the main advantages of St-Kitts CBI program:
Investment Requirements for the St-Kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment program
How to buy a Saint Kitts & Nevis Passport?
To start the process of buying a passport, you will first need to consult with a law firm to determine if you are eligible to buy the Saint Kitts & Nevis passport. Provided you meet the requirements including the capital requirements to make the investment funds contribution, you will then need to obtain documentation to submit to the local agent for citizenship by investment. (More details provided further below)
Why work with JH Marlin to become a St-Kitts and Nevis citizen by investment?
Frequently Asked Questions for Saint Kitts & Nevis Citizenship by Investment
– Dependent children who are below the age of 30 can be included in an application for citizenship. This means that you can include adult children in your application for citizenship.
– Dependent parents who are above the age of 55 can be included in an application for citizenship
– Siblings of the main applicant or spouse who are below the age of 30 and are not married and are dependent on the main applicant or spouse can be included in a citizenship application
Provided you do the St.Kitts Citizenship by Investment programme and have a future child, it is possible to register your child as a citizen through National Security.
– Many high-net-worth investors choose this programme due to its reputation and recognition as the platinum standard for citizenship.
– St.Kitts & Nevis is a country where there is no personal income tax and the country is a tax favourable jurisdiction. Many investors seek to be a citizen of a country that is tax-friendly.
– The programme is one of the most family-friendly programs and is the most affordable to add future additional dependents. It often is the best price for large families and often you can include your entire family in the passport program.
– An investor may wish to be a citizen of a country that is crypto-friendly. There are over 100+ businesses locally that accept cryptocurrency as a form of payment.
– As an investor in the programme, there is no requirement to provide a detailed breakdown of total net worth or provide audited financial statements
– Granting of citizenship can take less than 6 months. It is the only citizenship programme that offers an accelerated processing option known as the fast-track citizenship option.
– There is no mandatory residence requirement an everything can be done from a distance.
Example simplified steps under the non-refundable contribution:
Step 1: Provide an electronic copy of your passport. We need to know your current citizenship and will do an internal background check on you and your family members.
Step 2: We will prepare the initial documentation for you to complete to start the process. We will share with you internal documents specific to your case.
Step 3: We will go over all the documents that you need to complete and obtain. We will review documents on an ongoing basis and help you with the application.
Step 4: Payment of the non-refundable due diligence fees & processing fee to start the process in advance
Step 5: Send us the completed citizenship application once the file is complete and reviewed by us. Note that you can choose to demonstrate that you have the capital to make the final investment contribution or you can do so at a later date.
Step 6: Your full application will be submitted and we will follow up with the citizenship by investment unit. The citizenship by investment unit will undergo due diligence checks.
Step 7: Once approved you will make the non-refundable donation. We will also have you complete a passport application form.
Step 8: We will prepare documents and collect your passport. The final steps are issuance of passports.
Step 9: We will confirm with you where you would like us to send the passports. We will return all internal documents that belong to you.
It is mandatory for any person intending to do a citizenship by investment application to use a local authorized agent. JH Marlin Law has acted as the local citizenship agent for hundreds of successful applicants and has nearly a 100% success rate.
There are many documents that are needed to do a successful citizenship by investment application. The most important documents include; birth certificate in long format showing parents names, valid passport, valid national ID such as a drivers license, bank statements or crypto statements showing proof of funds in addition to additional documents. As a client, we will provide you with a detailed list of documentation requirements and sample documents. We will do research in your area an help you throughout the entire citizenship application process. We have a streamlined application process in place to make it as much as possible a straightforward process for you.
As an applicant for citizenship, it is important to understand that the purpose of doing due diligence is to ensure that there are no illicit actors who do the program, there is no illegal activity that takes place and that there is no financial crime that occurs amongst applicants. Illegal activity is strictly prohibited. The Saint Christopher and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Unit conducts due diligence background checks and identity management practices on all applicants to ensure that no one who would cause disrepute to the country is accepted into the programme. According to Les Khan, the CEO of the citizenship by investment unit, upholding the longevity, reputation and stability of the program is of key importance.
Acquisition of citizenship requires the investor to provide all the required documents for citizenship by investment unit to process the application. It is possible for some documents to be submitted at a later date and there are some exceptions to certain documents. However, in general, all documents must be submitted for an application for citizenship.
Citizens of certain countries are prohibited from doing the Saint Kitts & Nevis citizenship by investment program. For example, the citizenship by investment unit will not accept applicants from Iran or North Korea. Certain countries that are at war cannot do citizenship by investment programs as it is too difficult to conduct proper due diligence background checks. Provided your current country is going in a negative direction, it would be important to start your citizenship planning process. If you don’t know your current citizenship status, you can consult us.
There is zero income tax in the country. Provided you have a local business in the country (which differs from an international business) then there is taxation on your local company.
It is important to consult us on any issue that you think we should be aware of which may prohibit you from obtaining citizenship. Our management team in place will be able to assess your situation and do a preliminary review of your case. We ask that all clients declare to us the following: (Important to note that you can still be accepted with one of these grounds it is just so we can get an overview of your situation)
- are free of any criminal offence and has never served a period of time in detention
- are free of any civil cases, past and present
- has never been involved in any personal or corporate bankruptcy or insolvency liquidation
- have never been investigated by any tax authority
- have not been denied a work permit or residency permit in any country
- have not been denied entry visa, been unlawfully present in, or been deported from any country
- The clients confirm that the source of funds for this investment has been obtained from completely legitimate sources, and are not, whether directly or indirectly, the proceeds of criminal or terrorist activities of any kind
Living on a tropical Caribbean island is the dream for many people. People in Saint Kitts and Nevis are friendly and sociable. There are many activities on island; swimming, diving, kayaking, boating, sailing. Other activities include tennis, golf, cricket ball amongst others. There are many top restaurants sprinkled throughout both islands. There are music festivals, food festivals and other cultural events that take place on an annual basis. There is a nice mix of young and old people. There are medical schools and a veterinary school on the island that attract young students. Many people have chose to retire in Saint Kitts and Nevis due to its natural beauty, relaxed environment and relatively affordable cost of living compare to other Caribbean countries.
– Fast-tracked citizenship option: Under the regular procedure it is 3-6 months but there is also an accelerated program option in approximately 60 days.
– Good price for families: You can include multiple family members in an application for citizenship
– High-level visa-free travel access : Over 150+ visa-free or visa-on-arrival travel
– Family inclusive with ability for the entire family to get citizenship: You can add additional family members at any point in time provided they meet the definition of dependent. It is more cost-effective to include everyone in the family from the start, although there is flexibility to add additional family members.
– Ability to pass on citizenship through descent: 2nd Generation family members and potentially 3rd Generation family members can get citizenship.
– Investment period is short: Depending on the option chosen there can be a five-year hold period or no hold period for applicants
– Investment only required once approved: You do not risk loosing the entire investment contribution as you only need to make the investment contribution once approved.
– There may be more affordable citizenship by investment programs available, particularly for single applicants.
– You may not be able to find real estate that suits your needs as real estate may be overpriced or it may be difficult to find a subsequent buyer for the real estate investment
– Geographic background of storms and occasional hurricanes
There are no public disclosures of the number of successful applicants for the Saint Kitts CBI programme. According to Les Khan, CEO of the citizenship by investment unit there have been thousands of new economic citizens since the programme was first launched over 40 years ago.
St Kitts Nevis Citizenship Passport by Investment
St Kitts and Nevis is a is a dual island country located in the West Indies approximately 200 miles south of Puerto Rico and 1200 miles from Miami near the Caribbean islands of St.Barths, St.Maarten, Anguilla and Antigua.The country is a Commonwealth realm with the Queen of England being the Head of State. St. Kitts and Nevis is a member of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM), the Organization of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) and the United Nations (UN). The country is known for its natural beauty.The population is just over 55,000 and residents enjoy a great standard of living in a federal parliamentary democracy. Tourism and the Financial Services are the main industries. The National currency is the Eastern Caribbean Dollar (EC) which is fixed to the United States Dollar. Saint Kitts and Nevis has potential for geothermal alternative energy.
Citizenship in St-Kitts and Nevis grants visa free travel or visa on arrival in over 150 countries
*The list of countries is subject to variations depending on each government’s policy including access to each county
- Cape Verde*
- Sierre Leone
- Antigua & Barbuda
- CuracaoCayman Islands
- Costa Rica
- Dominica Republic
- El Salvador
- French Guiana
- St. Barts
- St. Eustatia & Saba
- St. Helena
- St. Pierre and Miquelon
- St.Vincent & The Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- Virgin Islands
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Hong Kong*
- South Korea
- Czech Republic
- Faroe Islands
- Holy See
- San Marino
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Australia Online Visitor e600 visa
- Sri Lanka
- French Polynesia
- New Caledonia
- Pitcairn Islands
- Solomon Islands
- Timor Leste
- Wallis and Futuna
- French Southern
- Antarctic Islands
* Visa on arrival
The list of countries is subject to change depending on each government’s policy including access to each country