The beautiful island nation of St. Kitts and Nevis is one of the best countries for Citizenship By Investment. For a minimum investment in the country’s development, foreign investors gain access to economic citizenship with a wide range of benefits, including visa-free travel, potential tax advantages, and the capacity to pass on citizenship to one’s spouse and additional family members.
While there are different ways to acquire citizenship by investment, the Sustainable Island State Contribution option for citizenship remains the quickest and easiest option available for acquiring Saint Kitts and Nevis Citizenship. The purpose of this program is to help the economic development of the country by allowing for the development of schools, medical facilities, local housing, infrastructure, and more. In this article, we discuss the most recent changes to implementing the new Sustainable Island State Contribution option and the benefits provided by this channel for investment.
Changes to the St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by investment program
Michael Martin, the head of the Citizenship by Investment Unit, announced in December 2022 the new Limited Time Offer for St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship. This option would be available from 1 January to June 30, 2023.
However, the citizenship by investment unit has now proceeded to replace the Sustainable Growth Fund option with the Sustainable Island State Contribution which is the donation option for citizenship by investment. This option took effect in July of 2023.
Sustainable Island State Contribution (SISC) option
Why Is the Sustainable Island State Contribution Important?
Many international investors have been flocking to the Saint Kitts & Nevis Citizenship by Investment program because it offers some of the best benefits in the investment migration industry as well as very agreeable application processing times.
The Sustainble Island State Contribution option is a great opportunity for persons seeking to obtain citizenship that is strategically positioned. Under this exceptional investment option, investors have the opportunity to acquire an alternative citizenship in approximately 3 to 6 months.
This program in the past has been popular amongst single applicants and families who have applied to the program. All options available for St.Kitts & Nevis citizenship by investment have introduced an interview component into the background check process.
What Are the Minimum Investment Requirements Under the Sustainble Island State Contribution?
Under the Sustainable Island State Contribution the minimum contributions are as follows:
- Single applicant: US$250,000
- Main applicant and a spouse: US$300,000
- Main applicant and one dependent: US$300,000
- Main applicant, spouse and two dependents: US$350,000
- Each additional dependent under 18: US$50,000
- Each additional dependent over 18: US$75,000
Additional costs and requirements for St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment
- Diligence Fees and Checks: As part of the application process, applicants are required to undergo diligence checks. These involve a thorough background investigation to ensure that applicants meet the program’s integrity standards. The associated due diligence fees cover the cost of these checks and vary depending on the number of applicants and their age.
Government Fees: Applicants need to pay various government fees related to their application. These fees contribute to the administrative costs of processing and evaluating applications.
Submission and Processing Fees: There are fees associated with the submission and processing of the application. These fees cover the administrative and operational costs involved in reviewing and assessing the applications.
- Documentation and Legal Fees: Applicants need to engage legal professional services to ensure that all required documentation is properly prepared and submitted.
- Health and Character Requirements: Applicants must meet certain health and character requirements to be eligible for citizenship. This might involve providing medical certificates and police clearance certificates.
- Source of Funds: Applicants are required to provide evidence of the lawful source of the funds being used for investment.
What Are the Benefits of St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment?
St.Kitts & Nevis Citizenship is regarded as the platinum brand in the Caribbean with a secure and robust citizenship application process. Many high net-worth individuals do citizenship by investment as it offers a plethora of benefits which include:
- Safety and security
- Lifetime citizenship
- Visa-free travel opportunities
- Access to education and investment opportunities
- Ability to pass on citizenship
- Possible Tax advantages
Apply For St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment
At JH Marlin, we specialize in helping immigrant investors achieve their goal of broadening their horizons by acquiring alternative citizenship. We can help you understand the different citizenship and residence requirements so that you can choose the citizenship program that best aligns with your particular situation.